07:14 (GMT +7) - Monday 23/07/2018

Vietnam Today

Regulation on foreign experts issued

Released at: 17:06, 29/07/2015

Regulation on foreign experts issued

New Circular regulates the isuing of work permits to Vietnamese people abroad and foreign experts in science and technology.

by Hoai An

Circular No. 24/2015/ TT- BLDTBXH was issued recently by the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs (MoLISA) to provide detailed regulations for implementing Paragraph 6, Article 14 of Decree No. 87/2014/ND-CP from the government on attracting Vietnamese people overseas and foreign experts in science and technology to Vietnam. The Circular will take effect on October 1.

Work permits will be issued by the Department of Employment. Dossiers for work permits must include a request from the potential employer, approval from competent authorities on employing science and technology experts, a notarized copy of a valid passport or other valid papers for international travel, and two color photos taken no more than six months prior to the application being lodged.

Before the deadline, at least ten working days from the date science and technology experts begin working in Vietnam, employers must submit the dossier by post or email at the website www.vieclamvietnam.gov.vn to the Department of Employment.

Within three working days from the date of receiving the application the Department of Employment will issue work permits for science and technology experts. If the work permit is not issued the Department must reply and state a reason.

The duration of the work permit will be per the request from the employer and be consistent with the approval documents from competent authorities that allow the use of science and technology experts, but will not be for more than two years.

Cases for re-issuing work permits include:

 1. The work permit is lost, damaged or has changed content;

2. The work permit has expired.

Science and technology experts coming to Vietnam to work for less than 30 days need not apply for a work permit, but employers must send a report to the Department of Employment.

User comment (0)

Send comment