The Golden Dragon Awards (GDA) have been held annually by Vietnam Economic Times (VET) since 2001 to honor the contributions made by foreign-invested enterprises (FIEs) to Vietnam’s economy. This time around marks the 14th holding of the GDA, which are considered a prestigious award by FIEs and VET readers alike. In its 14 years the GDA have aimed to promote the role of communications in acknowledging the efforts of FIEs operating in and contributing to the national economy. They are also used to bolster relationships between FIEs, promote cultural exchange and the sharing of experience in production and business activities, confirm the attractiveness of Vietnam’s investment policies, improve investment opportunities, and create a business environment consistent with international economic integration.
The 14th Golden Dragon Awards, with the theme “Creating a Fair and Transparent Business Environment”, will be held in late March and is the largest annual event organized by VET. With the participation of CEOs in local and foreign sectors, VET expects to unite the power of the business community towards the goal of building Vietnam’s economy in a strong and self-reliant fashion.
This year’s awards recognize excellent performance in business and contributions to society in a diverse range of sectors, including Electronics and Refrigerators; Information Communications and Technology; Real Estate; Banking, Finance and Insurance; Construction and Building Materials; Furniture, Plastics and Home Products; Mechanical and Metal Engineering, Machinery, Equipment and Vehicles; Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery; Food and Beverages; Textiles and Garments, Footwear and Fashion; Distribution, Retail and Services; Chemicals and Minerals; and Other.
As part of the event, VET will also organize a forum attended by representatives from ministries and the business community as well as economists, on efforts to find and discuss supportive solutions for businesses and acknowledging the pioneers in such activities.
Other features of the Golden Dragon Awards will include:
- A press conference introducing the 14th Golden Dragon Awards, expected to be held in March in Hanoi.
- The CEO Forum, “Creating a Fair and Transparent Business Environment”, scheduled for March 27 in Hanoi. Expected attendees include representatives from the government, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, and the Ministry of Industry and Trade, and CEOs from 400 FIEs and leading local companies in Vietnam.
- A Gala Dinner to celebrate the winners of the 14th Golden Dragon Awards and Excellent Brand Awards, scheduled for March 27 in Hanoi.
- An Awards ceremony to honor the achievements of FIEs that made major contributions to Vietnam’s economy and society, held at the Hanoi Opera House on March 28 and broadcast live on Vietnam Television.
- A meeting between the media and the winners on the afternoon of March 28.
- An exhibition introducing winners’ achievements and green business models, to take place during March.
- A special 14th GDA publication, to be issued in March.
- Many other special media activities conducted in the publications of the Vietnam Economic Times Group, including the Vietnamese-language daily newspaper “Thoi bao Kinh te Viet Nam”, Vietnam Economic Times, www.vneconomictimes.com, VnEconomy.vn, The Guide, and Tu van Tieu & Dung, and on supporting media channels.
- Large-sized-banners and bandrolls displayed at the awards ceremony.